Friday, November 28, 2008

Who we are

When Len suggested the blog to the editing team, it was on the basis that even he knew little about some of the people who wrote for MWI. The hope was that this blog might allow the MWI team to get to know each other, if only electronically. The posts so far are achieving that very nicely in a very diverse way.

Something else (as a one-off) which might help this is to introduce ourselves next time we write a post: where we live, what we do outside MWI and whatever else you may wish to say.

So to that end:

I'm 48, and live in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia's 6th largest city, on the coast about 100 miles north of Sydney. I am a PhD chemist, working as a lecturer in a technical college, teaching laboratory chemistry, environmental monitoring, forensic science, and process manufacturing operations.

I have a CD collection that is threatening to take over my study - thank goodness for streaming and downloads - with major sections of British music (RVW particularly) and Bach.

(I did start to write something about my musical background, but it got a bit long-winded and not particularly illuminating, so I deleted it).

No comments:

Post a Comment