You will have noticed that when you went to look at MWI Times, you didn't have to log in to read it.
Such privacy restrictions create their own problems. Apart from anything else, it is a bother to log in just to check whether there are any new contributions.
Another issue which was raised with me is that it was not possible to set up an automated notification system (known as a RSS feed) which alerts you when a new post or comment had been added.
Have I compromised our privacy in doing this? I don't think so.
In setting up the blog, I opted out of it being included in the Google blog list and likewise, from the Google search engine database. If you type in "Musicweb Times" into Google, you won't find us. So if only we know this exists, it is very, very unlikely that an outsider will stumble across us.
At this stage, you still need to log in to make a comment or a new post. That too is under consideration on the basis that if no one else knows this exists, they are hardly likely to make annoying comments!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
David
ReplyDeleteDavid
I have contributed to MWT on the basis that this was a restricted forum and I hope that unlocking it doesn't invite trollery, spamming etc. As for having to log on all the time I use Firefox, which remembers my login details so when I click on the bookmark I go straight to MusicWeb Times. It couldn't be easier.
Best wishes.