Saturday, April 25, 2009

Raimo Kangro Op.42

Does anyone here know the 'Displays' Op.42 of Raimo Kangro? There only seem to be a few of these available paired with his piano concertos on the Antes Edition label, but I know there was a double CD released with all of them. This seems to have vanished, and doesn't come up op the AE site or Amazon. This is a huge shame, as these are excellent pieces with a kind of universal 'hit' quality - dramatic minimalism you might call it, but with a vast variety of instrumental colour and luminous tonalities. One of these days I'm planning to do one of those begging revisit-reviews, and will be sure to pester Len with sound samples for the 'those you have missed' page.

1 comment:

  1. I have since discovered this was NOT on the Antes label, but in fact a publication of the Estonian Music Information Centre.
    http://www.emic.ee/helilooja_disc?id=27&lang=eng
    Lack of availability would therefore seem to be built-in.

    ReplyDelete